September 17, 2008

Mourning the Loss of Summer

Well, not really.  

I am actually BEYOND excited about this glorious fall weather.  I'm over the heat and humidity.  I spent the entire weekend hiding on my family room couch from the 85 degree disgustingness.

The only thing I'm actually mourning is the loss of summer fruit.  What am I going to eat now that my daily staples are going out of season!?  Juicy Jersey peaches?  Blueberries?  Strawberries?  

Every morning for the past bunch of months I have a bowl of vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries and strawberries and some Quaker Oats (notice a theme?) sprinkled on top.

It is heavenly.  



Oh, and that is a lemon almond tea cake that Mama made in a baking frenzy the other day - they are also DELICIOUS and definitely going on the baked goods rotation.

No comments: