October 21, 2008

A Presidential Playdate


This blog post from Alpha Mom, written by the author of Breed Em and Weep just cracked me up.  The premise?  A playdate between Johnny and Barack.  It is definitely worth reading the whole thing, but here's a little snippet just to whet your whistle...

Me: John, stop making smarmy monkey faces at Barack.

McCain: I was not!

Obama: He was too!

Me: Barack, you haven’t answered my question. Who’s going to bail me out if a tree falls on my head?

Obama: First, we need to make sure this rescue package works properly. We need to crack down on CEOs and make sure they are not getting golden parachutes.

McCain: MY FRIEND, THAT ONE THERE HAS NEVER TOUCHED A PARACHUTE. I CRASHED NUMEROUS PLANES. I KNOW REAL PARACHUTES. AND I KNOW HOW TO GET THIS COUNTRY WORKING AGAIN. BECAUSE I AM A MAVERICK.

Obama: You voted 45 times against the super green plan! And the purple zippy pow plan!

McCain: Well, YOU voted 28 times against the sparkleberry zap plan! And you voted 96 times for AN OVERHEAD PROJECTOR! I’m not afraid to take on my party.

Obama: [smiles] I had a birthday party. I had cupcakes. And you didn’t. Ha ha. And it was NOT an overhead projector. That’s, like, totally from the Dark Ages.

Me: Obama, don’t you DARE stick your tongue out like that. If you have something to say, say it without the faces.

Obama: Ma’am, Senator McCain is a poopyhead.

No comments: