December 1, 2008

All She Needs...


Is bread.  Beautiful wonderful glorious bread.  Baguettes and raisin walnut bread and so much fantastic drool-worthy bread.
And cheese.  Look at all that cheese!  There is oodles and oodles of cheese.  So many cows and goats and sheep worked together to produce this breathtaking display of cheese!

Oh look, here's a close up of the cheese!  Isn't it purty?  Doesn't it make you hungry?

As I mentioned earlier, the reason I was a very bad remiss blogger today was because my aunt and I took a little exploratory trip to Maywood Marketplace in Bergen County, NJ.  I'm sure she'll be giving a much more detailed account of it in a future post, but let me just say, it is GLORIOUS.  I know I used that adjective already, but there's no way around it - I'm using it again, and I'm not even a teensy bit apologetic.  Loads of deliciously fresh prepared foods.  A monstrosity of a cheese aisle.  Breads that made me drool.  (Literally.  It was lunchtime.  And I was really hungry.) We trekked back to her house and had a delightful lunchtime sampling.  And I ate so much bread.  And so much cheese.  And it was good.  

The End.

11 comments:

TexasRed said...

Kathy,

I love bread and cheese, too. Not so many beautiful bakeries out in West Texas, but I'm anxious to try the bread recipe here: http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food.aspx

Megan said...

Great shots.

Anonymous said...

Note to self...don't read Kathryn's blog until after dinner. Drool!

They are nice shots and the trip sounds great.

Anonymous said...

That looks positively mouth-watering! A truly perfect meal. Mmmmm...

Stacey Snacks said...

Yummy cheeses, yummy breads and yummy niece!
Had fun today, thanks for coming along!
Auntie

K said...

teehee, my goal is to have everyone who reads my blog leave hungry! :)

Pace said...

Augh! Must close window quickly to have any chance of maintaining my vegan streak! (;

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of "The Cheese Shop" Monty Python sketch, except there wasn't actually any cheese.

Funny sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm.....

I love to go to places like that.

Unknown said...

yup, leaves me hungry too...

kathi, i'm visiting here as part of that great blog promo project. on this particular post i'd like to offer a little constructive criticism, but i'm not sure if you want to see that kind of thing in the comments. would be happy to email you privately if that's a better way. just let me know.

(i'm jackie AT getangrywithme DOT com)

K said...

i'd love to hear anyone/everyones thoughts :) feel free to comment away, here, via email, or on chucks forums - http://chuckwestbrook.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43