June 8, 2009

Finally...

... started reading again, after a much-too-long hiatus.

All I needed was an incredibly awesome book to get me back into the swing of things.

And the perfect weekend weather helped.

There's nothing better than reading a good book, poolside.

The only thing Jared failed to take into account when loaning me the evil book was my addictive tendencies. And how I would plant myself on a lounge chair for 6 hours reading away, rather than doing work due at the end of the week. Mama had to confiscate my book.

Question to the bookworms...

Have you ever read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer?

Have you ever read The History of Love by Nicole Krauss?

Have you ever noticed the EXTREME similarities between these 2 novels? Which happen to be written by husband and wife, respectively?

They are both AMAZING. Full of completely inspired and goosebump-causing writing. But the similarities seem a bit uncanny... almost like this literary power couple sipped their coffee on the porch one morning, brainstormed a writing prompt together, and then sat side by side with their laptops, typing away...

PS - don't give anything away... I haven't finished Foer's book yet!

PPS - ah ha! I already feel slightly validated... though I'm afraid to read too closely for fear it'll ruin the ending for me... but check it!

No comments: