June 30, 2009

Infinite Summer

Jared finally convinced me to take the plunge into David Foster Wallace's 1,000+ page tome, Infinite Jest, as part of the summer reading challenge on Infinite Summer.  

He used all kinds of blackmail (most frequently as related to my English-major past, but also in terms of the assured bonding experience of joint-reading, and of course the incredible and monumental significance of this literary accomplishment.)

I finally relented.   Mainly because he's cute.  

(and I WAS an English major, dammit!  I can so do this!)


Join endurance bibliophiles from around the world in reading Infinite Jest over the summer of 2009, June 21st to September 22nd. A thousand pages ÷ 92 days = 75 pages a week. No sweat.

1. Plus endnotesa.
a. A lot of them.

{Photo by Wolf Gang}

No comments: