May 31, 2011

An Equal Music by Vikram Seth


One of the most exciting things about no longer taking part in that dull weekend-sucking masters program is that now I have time to read again. For pleasure!

This weekend I plowed thru An Equal Musicamongst all of the organizing and errands and dedicated viewing of How I Met Your Mother: Season One

In short, it solidified my desire to find a creative, freelance job (alas, if only I were a skilled professional violinist and could turn that into my livelihood) and travel around Europe.

It did, however, make me very grateful that I am not caught in a depressing love triangle in which I find myself deeply in love with multiple men, and the timing is never right, and how do I choose, and blah blah blah.

It's a pretty book, and it kept me reading 24/7 this weekend, though I'll admit I skimmed over some of the more artsy philosophical musings (and didn't even feel guilty about it).

1 comment:

Bagwhatbag? said...

We at Deck love the Sassy Kathy! Check out our blog: http://decking-it.blogspot.com
With love, the Deck Crew