July 18, 2011

Game of Thrones - aka, what has happened to me?

Shall we talk about Game of Thrones?
Should I take a brief moment to admit that I have apparently become an enormous sci-fi nerd who cannot brush her teeth without feeling the need to also READ THE BOOK at the same time?

Yeah. That's right.
It's sick.

Jared started watching the HBO series, and by the 2nd episode I was inching closer and closer to the couch until I was 100% hooked.
I'll be honest - I turned away from approximately half of every episode because it's so freaking gory and disgusting but that does not matter.
If you like violence - great!
If not, go with the buddy system (buddy must be someone that does enjoy graphic death scenes) - and make them tell you when it is safe to return your gaze to the screen.

It's just real good. And though I am still infuriated that I have to wait a whole year - A YEAR - until season 2 begins on HBO, in the meantime Jared and I are reading the books. All of them. The shortest being 800 something pages.

But if you need a good summer beach read - and aren't concerned with trite things like WORK that have the audacity to drag you away from that freaking addictive storyline - then these are the books for you, my friend.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

My brother gave me the first book, long before there was ever even mention of an HBO series. Honestly? I couldn't get through it. I'm not sure why. Maybe I need to watch the series first.

jenny d said...

The image of you juggling your book and toothbrush is pure joy to me. I'm so glad you share your obsessions with us.

Anonymous said...

"To me, Pip!"

Unknown said...

So, just to clarify, sci-fi = science fiction. A Game of Thrones has little to no science in it. Therefore, it would be more accurately classified as "fantasy". You are now a fantasy nerd. Enjoy!

the sassy kathy said...

@brandi - yes! watch the series. it is sooooooo good. i definitely think i like the books more w/the characters already in my head.

@jenny its just sad. damn books. haha.

@scarletnite - thanks for clarifying the type of nerdiness mr. ;)