January 22, 2009

This is What Gluttony Looks Like


Why yes.  That IS a 50 billion egg omelet (mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, feta), a huge mound of glorious home fries and the crispiest most magical side of melt-in-your-mouth bacon I have ever consumed.

And indeed.  That is an EMPTY PLATE.  

The saddest part?  Approximately ten minutes after this mass-consumption...  I was hungry.  

PS - This pillage took place at The Most Divine Diner in All The Land.  Obviously.

PPS - The bacon really did melt in my mouth.  Like, I barely had to chew!  Amazing how quickly fried fat can dissolve on the tongue!

PPPS - This Skylark trip was particularly necessary because I was there on Monday (yes, I'm a lady who lunches, no comment please) and had a SUPREMELY unsatisfying meal of huevos rancheros.  As in, I wanted to cry.  And my friends were fearful because hell hath no fury like a Kathryn who does not like her food.  This trip was needed to erase the traumatic memory of a terrible meal from the best diner ever.

No comments: