November 25, 2011

Read: The Happiness Project

This book was on my radar for a long time, and I finally remembered to pick it up the last time I was at the library. I read it on the 7 hour train ride to visit friends in Rochester and was completely inspired.

The author acknowledges that she has a really wonderful life, but realizes she isn't fully appreciating it and doesn't feel as happy as she should. She wants to "change [her] life without changing [her] life, by finding more happiness in [her] own kitchen."

She dedicates a year to trying to find more happiness in the small, everyday things - seemingly small and attainable goals that are difficult solely because they require reframing some of our most fundamental daily habits.

The author is never preachy, and fully admits her own limitations and faults, which makes for a much more realistic and helpful read.

I highly recommend it.

{photo via the happiness project website}

1 comment:

Everyday Adventures said...

Glad you enjoyed this book! I got this book for my sister for her birthday I will have to check it out! Thanks for the review:)