December 29, 2011

Things I'll miss about NJ: The Cathedral

I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but I've found it incredibly comforting to live directly across from this giant cathedral. Sometimes they go overboard on the bells (and sometimes it sounds like whoever's playing the bells is drunk off their rocker), but I always enjoy looking out at this impressive structure. The bagpipes and funerals can be a bit of a downer, but I'll never tire of peering out my window and seeing stretch limos waiting at the curb and watching wedding parties erupt out of the front door on the weekends. On certain holidays (and when the church is so packed that people have to stand on the steps to listen to mass) the choir and organ music will be piped out of speakers onto the street and we can hear it from our couch as clearly as if we were sitting in a pew.


 
For the next month, leading up to our move, I'll be posting about many of the things I'll miss (and some I definitely won't miss) about living in New Jersey, where I've been a resident the entirety of my 26 years. Jared and I are also working on a To Do list of places we want to go and things we want to squeeze in before we leave. So far, they are all food-related. Shocker!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Perhaps you could reword things like "before we leave". Its not like youre going to another land!!! if there are foods you have not yet eaten here, we can arrange that at any time!!!!!!!!!