January 3, 2012

2012 goal: Put it down

Technology has made it so amazingly easy to capture moments - whether it's what we had for dinner or a breathtaking view, our smartphones are there to snap the picture, email it, text it, tweet it, and blog it. All at once. But we're all so caught up sharing our moments, that we risk losing our ability to enjoy them.
So this year, every once in a while, think about putting it down and just enjoying.

{photo of NYE 2010 by Dave Beckerman via Hither & Thither}

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I force myself to leave my camera at home some weekends. Not only is it nice not to have the extra weight to carry, but it's also great to not constantly be thinking "I need to photograph this" and just experience things.

Linda said...

I agree completely. we have all become a slave to those little buggers.