February 10, 2012

Eat: Land Thai (450 Amsterdam Ave)

It has been a takeout bonanza around here lately. On one of our first nights here last week we walked over to Land Thai, which I kept reading about as being just really stellar. I have to say, I was disappointed (though I'm fully aware that it's not really fair to judge the restaurant on it's starting-to-get-cold-as-we-walked-home-takeout vs. the dining-in experience). Regardless...
My shrimp pad thai (above) was kind of dry, and didn't have a ton of flavor. The four plump shrimp were well-cooked and tasty, but the noodles were kind of bland. It didn't compare to the pad thai at Thai Kitchen in Bridgewater, NJ. 
Jared's Pad See Ew was really tasty though. Thin, completely un-fatty strips of chicken, juicy noodles, crisp veggies and a tasty sauce.Maybe pad thai was too dull a choice. Next time I'd get more adventurous with the vegetable dumplings and shrimp lemongrass soup and one of the Wok dishes.

No comments: