February 21, 2012

Kryptonite

I cannot begin to describe how completely and utterly obsessed I am with this cereal.
I've always had a little cereal snack before bed. For a while it was Kashi, then there was a meuseli phase, and in college there was a graham cracker cereal spell (seriously - I didn't know that graham crackers were, you know, crackers until college. I had eaten them solely as cereal my whole life. Try it. It's glorious). 
But for the past 8 months or so I have been 110% dedicated to Peace Cereal's Maple Pecan. 

I'm a big fan of the fact that there's no high fructose corn syrup or other preservatives, and yet still has the. most. amazing. taste. ever. Super crunchy corn flakes. Pieces of pecan. Giant hunks of delectably just-sweet-enough maple-flavored oat clusters. 

It's gotten to the point where I can't eat just one bowl. It's 11pm and I finish my cereal - enraptured and making lusty noises the whole time - and then there's a little extra milk in my bowl and after a (very brief) internal debate I surrender and add some more cereal. It's bad. Just last night, as I was gazing longingly at my empty bowl, contemplating pouring a second serving, Jared said "Maybe just don't have the second bowl." My eyebrows shot up. "I mean, it just seems kind of unnecessary to eat that much cereal."

Well!

(But it's true. I go through 2 boxes a week. Sick.)
Buy it. You'll thank me.

No comments: