September 7, 2008

This is being written under the influence of antihistamines and alcohol

I know better.  You'd think I would have learned by now.  You saw the results of what happen when I come to J's house, to the weird bug-filled lands of North Jersey suburbia.  

But no.  I was foolish.  

We went for a nice 4 p.m. stroll and everything was fine.  Then I had to go and taunt fate by going on ANOTHER walk.  A 7 p.m. walk.  An "all the bugs in the entire county are hovering in wait for foolish masochistic flesh to meander by" walk.  

The result:  Two bites.  Big nasty welts.  One near each cheek.  And I don't mean my face.

Do you know what that means?  I got eaten by two little bastard bugs - THROUGH MY PANTS.  

And not only through my pants - through my undergarments!  

That is just creepy.  Creepy and gross and disturbing.  How can a tiny harmless little bugger penetrate two layers of clothing?

But this time I came prepared.  I packed my Cortaid.  And of course I have Benadryl stashed away in my handy dandy traveling medicine arsenal (aka my purse).

That said, I am currently lathered in hydrocortisone and doped up on Benadryl.  I also had a delicious glass of Asti.

I should be asleep in about an hour.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seriously think it would take an entire hour for you to fall asleep!!! Optimist!! PS. I have ordered you a HAZMAT suit for your next visit to the swamp!!!
Love you!!